You know it is silly season ......

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

HelenB wrote:How can you forget you are taking a baby on holiday?
Or home from the pub.

I dunno. Ask David Cameron! :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... behind-pub
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

I do a video walk round on the phone just before guests arrive so if ever confronted by a guest alleging a stain, dirty villa, something broke etc I would review the evidence with them.

The info pack does state this and strangely enough I have never had a guest want to review the evidence.

Takes 2 mins and I just video the contents of cupboards, bathrooms, pool, garden etc. I leave the TV on so the video is date stamped. I keep the video till the damage deposit has been returned so I have evidence.

Funnily enough I once looked ato the video and I was singing on the soundtrack, must have been radio 6 on the TV and I was singing along tothe music.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

I don't think they are that bright HelenB - if they had not e-mailed the owner (we only live down the road, she lives in Northern France) with such small things then we would not have gone to the house and seen there was a baby which had not been "declared". What if there had been a fire - we would have said there were only 5 adults there - no baby!!!! Plus now we know where the stain on the sheet came from (rear end of baby) and we would not have known that either. They should have just washed the sheet and not try to lie. I don't think they have rented a gite before (been camping) and did not like having to pay the owner 400 euros as a deposit. Takes all sorts and you always get the dodgy/strange ones in August. Roll on September.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Slightly off topic. I was going to post this after Saturday's changeover ......

A couple in a sleeps 6 have just left after two weeks. On the interim linen changeover I only saw the chap. When I asked what they wanted in the way of bedding etc. he had to run to the bedroom and ask - several times. I don't know what she was doing in there but I had arrived promptly at the pre-arranged time so you'd think she would be expecting me.

On changeover it didn't look as if they'd been there. If I hadn't seen them with my own eyes I might have thought they never arrived ............. except for the ashtray (locally bought) full of used cigar butts on the garden table and the trainers left under the bed.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

GillianF wrote:
On changeover it didn't look as if they'd been there. If I hadn't seen them with my own eyes I might have thought they never arrived ............. except for the ashtray (locally bought) full of used cigar butts on the garden table and the trainers left under the bed.
We're going to need more information to crack this one! Brand, type, colour and size of the trainers, newish or well worn, neatly aligned or random, any traces on the soles.... and those cigar butts and ashtray - where was the ashtray bought - and are the butts from big fat expensive cigars or cheap things? Lipstick traces? Matches? Not much to go on so far - get the deerstalker on.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I've contacted the chap and asked if he wants the trainers back. Apparently, it's his wife's fault they got left - she forgot to check he'd got everything ..................
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

ha ha, so easy to blame (the wife) someone else / anyone for his own stupidity! :roll:
Fleur
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Not so much as silly but a sad one.....
Guest arrives with a young teenager. They initially park outside and I go out to greet them. I can see teenager in the car, head down on their device. I stand at the gate ready to smile and wave as dad drives them in. Nope, still no raise of the head, still on their device. I talk to dad on the drive for several minutes when he finally says "Come on, are you going to get out of the car and say hello?" What ever happened to the excitement of going on holiday with the constant "Are we nearly there yets?" :roll:
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

Yes, 'pokemon go' gives us all some idea of where the world is headed alright.......I blame those Brexit voters me'self!
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I think I must be the last person on earth not to know what pokemon go is.

And noooooooo, please don't tell me. I truly don't want to know either. I'm happy living in my little rural bubble :lol:
annedab

Post by annedab »

No, it's not just you FC :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

French Cricket wrote:I think I must be the last person on earth not to know what pokemon go is.
I urge you to keep it that way! :lol: