Fridge breakdown

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
herbie

Fridge breakdown

Post by herbie »

Guests arrived Thursday and reported fridge/freezer not cold on Sunday.The appliance is a whirlpool and less than a year old so under warranty. Engineer called out but can't come till Wednesday. A temp replacement fridge was supplied on Tuesday morning. My question is am I liable to pay for any food lost in the 2 days guests were without a fridge? Your comments and advice please.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

In Greece in August I would say some compensation is due. To be without a fridge in 35C is an inconvenience to say the least. Just do a nice thing, say sorry, offer them enough for a meal out and they will be happy. No ice for a G&T!!!! Unthinkable! :P
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

If they stuffed it too full then it won't work properly. I once did this with our fridge, once I lightened the load the fridge recovered and (fingers crossed ) is still working well 8 years later.
Fleur
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Fleur wrote:If they stuffed it too full then it won't work properly. I once did this with our fridge, once I lightened the load the fridge recovered and (fingers crossed ) is still working well 8 years later.
We had guests do that to ours, capacitor broke down. Cost us a new f/f😡
brendan

Post by brendan »

My sympathies. In the last week I´ve had to replace 2 fridges and a telly. Hoping that´s the ´these things come in 3s´bit out of the way.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had to replace a washing machine recently, and I am hoping the fridge has lasted the summer. It's a built in one, so will be more difficult to replace quickly.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

If you have to pay compensation for lost food, can you claim it on your warranty?
The best things in life are free
farley

Post by farley »

My sympathy as well.
This year our pergola nearly collapsed , hubby managed to rebuild around my much loved plants (only lost a kiwi and climbing rose). Cost of timber 750€ ouch!
Then we had to replace a fridge freezer and dishwasher.
Such fun :)
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

My ff broke down last week too after 5 years. Second compressor so I just bought a new one so guests were only ff less for 2 hours. They were well impressed. I am in spain so to be ff less in summer is a no no, I would have had to compensate them.

I will get the old one repaired so I can keep as a spare.
brendan

Post by brendan »

new car battery this morning.....item no 4 and all in time for this month's credit card bill....grrrrr!
farley

Post by farley »

Ditto Brendan, your post reminded me. It's been a rather expensive summer.
We bought our car battery thro Europarts UK as French ones were double the price!