Three Mobile 'Feel at Home'

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
NeatandPicky

Three Mobile 'Feel at Home'

Post by NeatandPicky »

I know the EU has been talking about removing roaming charges, and some networks have already done it or reduced them hugely.

On Sept 1 Three Mobile expanded their list of 'Feel at Home' countries which is useful if you are UK-based but a regular traveller to one or more of their 42 destinations. http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

This allows you to use your UK call/text/data allowance abroad for no extra cost.

If you are not a Three customer, you can still use it by popping a pay-as-you-go sim into an unlocked 3G phone, buying a topup and converting it to an 'Add-on'. We just did this for a short trip to New York and found it a boon to be able to look things up and make the odd call without having to seek WiFi all the time. I get twitchy if I'm away from Internet access in case an enquiry comes through (which always seems to happen when I'm away!)
LeeH

Post by LeeH »

I go to the States a few times a year, and this has saved me thousands of pounds. Possibly more than £10,000. It's the main reason I stay with Three.
I detest raisins, sultanas and other dried fruit, but you just try to keep me away from the mince pies!
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

We have it and each trip to Florida I save over £1000, the last trip it said I saved £1721 ( you get a text when you get home telling you what you saved)

I absolutely love it

Sandra
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I was delighted when they added Cyprus to the list on 1 Sept!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

It expires after 2 months away from the UK, once you go back it resets itself. Also the data is not unlimited outside the UK.,...
Cheers
PC
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Worst customer service in the world out of any mobile phone provider ever. I took a contract with them once and actually bought myself out of it at not inconsiderable expense because they were so shite. I think it cost me far more in wasted time spent trying to sort out the myriad recurring problems that they consistently failed to resolve than I would earn back via 'free' roaming data. I now have a SIM only deal with EE which doesn't give me data, but it does give me calls, texts etc. and for data I use WiFi.