Feeling nervous

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I thought you were going for semi retirement Steve!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Good luck with that. It looks lovely and you will be working very hard to look after that not so little complex!
annedab

Post by annedab »

Congratulations - looks lovely!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Congratulations - welcome to North Wales :)
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Congratulations, looks fantastic. I wish you the best of luck!

The picture looks a little familiar, there was a similar property considered on here a while ago (could be a couple of years to be honest). I seem to remember it was near a caravan park or something. Could it be the same one?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

How funny - I thought the same, ianh100.

Glad it's finally all worked out and all the very best, SteveP - you've certainly got a project on your hands!
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Yes, I think it was Cpt Scarlet in 2013 but all of the posts seem to have been deleted.
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Iain your memory serves you well, cap_scarlet started a thread about this very property back in Dec 13 titled "your thoughts on this property" but his posts now seem to have been deleted.

The previous owner who carried out the conversion and renovation was in way over her head with the bank, legal issues with the title and fishing rights prevented her from getting a sale and the bank reposessed.

We spotted it back up for sale 6 months ago, and have had an absolute nightmare getting the bank to sort the legal issues, very lucky to keep our buyer dangling through the whole process.

Not to much of a project fortunately, the grounds are going to need a lot of work as it's been standing empty and neglected for at least 18 months, but the holiday cottages where converted from the barns in 2010/11 and the house totally renovated at the same time, we are very lucky the holiday lets are fully furnished and just need a clean
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Tivoli wrote:Things have a habit of turning out much better than you fear :-)
Worry does nothing but steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing.
Ta-Da! Really pleased for you Steve!
aasta

Post by aasta »

Best of Luck!!! And welcome to LMH...the BEST forum on the web!!!!!!!!!!!
aasta
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Thank you for all the good wishes and welcomes

We moved in 2 weeks ago, the property has been empty 2 years so a huge list of things to do, we have just about got the house straight, so now time to start on the cottages and the grounds, the reality of the task in front of us is starting to sink in, but we are loving it

Had to go back to london for the day on Tuesday, got off the train and we both instantly said I know why we left
loveka

Post by loveka »

Fabulous news for you!

We are waiting to exchange on our house in Cornwall. I am scared but very excited too. It will be a total life change, we will be running 2 holiday lets.

The first is bought, we thought it would be up and running by now, but we have has a few unforseen problems with it, i.e. the vendor lied to us...