Owner Holidays listing site

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I have been in contact with the manager of the hosting site, whom I have known for many years and is always extremely professional. Owner holidays was hitting an Entry Process limit, which was well above average. I regard it as a good sign, no doubt because I sent out 3000 emails on Thursday.

The situation has been rectified, and extra security put in place against hackers.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Sounds good!

One thing though - I put a generic Wales into the search for any property on any dates etc and got the message no results. A more specific "North Wales" gave no results either :( nor does drilling down to county or district level

To come up on the search I need to put the actual town in which is problematic as most will not even think to search for it even if they have heard of it (and can spell it!)
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Cymraes wrote:Sounds good!

One thing though - I put a generic Wales into the search for any property on any dates etc and got the message no results. A more specific "North Wales" gave no results either :( nor does drilling down to county or district level

To come up on the search I need to put the actual town in which is problematic as most will not even think to search for it even if they have heard of it (and can spell it!)
I am doing major rework on location searches, so please bear with me until the new version is released.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:
I am doing major rework on location searches, so please bear with me until the new version is released.
:)
Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere »

Just signed up for this. Well done. You have my full support - I really hope it works out.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Newtoit wrote:Just signed up for this. Well done. You have my full support - I really hope it works out.
Thanks. It keeps me busy! The website improves each week, and I am now spending more time on letting other owners know about the site, and linking to small agencies around the world who want to list their portfolios. I hope to be up to 10,000 properties by end Q1 2017.

It is still free to list for a year if you list before end 2016.

Just published your property in Devon.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

10,000 is impressive in the time, Nigel! Well done.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

FelicityA wrote:10,000 is impressive in the time, Nigel! Well done.
I'm not there yet!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've just tried listing my three properties but have hit a few problems. I just wanted a skeleton listing to take advantage of the offer but will finish the listing after Christmas. I've created two but the third is now hiding. :wink: I couldn't get the location of one to save, so it's got a mix of the correct location and your default Newquay.

I couldn't see a way to delete a profile photo and I didn't want the one I tested so I uploaded a landscape photo just in the interim and it's upside down. :lol:

I'm not spending anymore time now as I simply must get on, but I couldn't see a way to contact you via the site?
Last edited by Nemo on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

There's an email address at the bottom of the home page.

There is also a contact link at bottom right of the home page.

Yes, I saw the properties, I generally do not publish until there is at least one decent photo, as otherwise it makes the site look weak for travellers.

No rush, load images after your Christmas dinner/drinks !

Or, if the photo is upside down, have you already started celebrations?
Last edited by Nigel Goodwin on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The third property isn't on my dashboard though? I've edited my post to add another issue but you were answering before I'd hit enter. :)

I hadn't scrolled to the bottom for contact details, I was looking at the top in the tabs :wink:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

While you are metaphorically "here" Nigel, I struggle with the calendar. I suspect I am not alone in finding it very user unfriendly?
I don't suppose you can change that?

I am often editing space as I juggle bookings/me being away/change of mind on openings/make a mistake in dates etc. and frequently edit things but that is a right royal pain. You can't edit bookings - you have to cancel the reservation - another window. The date format turns my mind upside down and the dates seem to be in no particular order (certainly not date order) so it take ages to locate the right one, scrolling through the lot. Currently I am trying to cancel in order to do a tiny one day edit and it refuses to delete ( it says it is, but it doesn't and I have tried refreshing).
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

FelicityA wrote:While you are metaphorically "here" Nigel, I struggle with the calendar. I suspect I am not alone in finding it very user unfriendly?
I don't suppose you can change that?

I am often editing space as I juggle bookings/me being away/change of mind on openings/make a mistake in dates etc. and frequently edit things but that is a right royal pain. You can't edit bookings - you have to cancel the reservation - another window. The date format turns my mind upside down and the dates seem to be in no particular order (certainly not date order) so it take ages to locate the right one, scrolling through the lot. Currently I am trying to cancel in order to do a tiny one day edit and it refuses to delete ( it says it is, but it doesn't and I have tried refreshing).
OK, point taken, I will look at it.

Are you using OwnerHolidays to manage your bookings? Or are you using something else which has an iCals interface? The original idea of OwnerHolidays was to focus on the latter, with the former as an afterthought. But maybe there are fewer people using an external booking manager than I thought.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I adjust all my calendars manually, Nigel as I see people getting themselves in terrible tangles with double bookings when one site or other doesn't update with the rest. It is tedious in the extreme when one lists on many sites (and I have two properties) but I feel happier that way as I am in total control.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

FelicityA wrote:I adjust all my calendars manually, Nigel as I see people getting themselves in terrible tangles with double bookings when one site or other doesn't update with the rest. It is tedious in the extreme when one lists on many sites (and I have two properties) but I feel happier that way as I am in total control.
OK. I am used to using a central booking system (SuperControl) which automatically updates all my listing sites. It is always the case that different people prefer doing things different ways.