New listing site

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
French Cricket

New listing site

Post by French Cricket »

Don't know if anyone else has had the same email as me but there's a new start up for French rentals, French Stays Direct.

Site is not very well designed, a bit amateurish and there are few properties so far. Seems to work like a slightly extended version of Gitelink, with no availability calendar, just a link to your website. But it's free to list before 31 December so might be worth a pop.

http://www.frenchstaysdirect.com/add-your-yard/

(No, I don't understand the page title either!).
AndrewH

French Stays Direct

Post by AndrewH »

I haven't had anything from these people, but of course I wouldn't expect to as they covers only France. But a Belgian site, "Vivaweek", has emailed me several times lately encouraging me to list. It's all in French, but looks good and could be useful for French speakers. It's on the style of the old OD.

I think the Europeans are getting their act together in the face of Expedia's unpopularity faster than the Brits. Except Nigel, of course.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Vivaweek is a decent looking site, Andrew - but I think I'd want some concrete evidence that it works before parting with 139€.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

French Cricket wrote:Vivaweek is a decent looking site, Andrew - but I think I'd want some concrete evidence that it works before parting with 139€.
They have been pestering me for many months. When their emails started I looked them up on Google and the general opinion on forums seemed to be that they are useless. Here is an example if you Google "avis vivaweek":

"Aucune location ou même demande de location en 2 ans. Cela fait 10 ans que je loue ce gite sur d'autres sites sans problèmes. Là, je me suis fais avoir par le commercial de vivaweek.
Site à fuir !!"
Honi soit qui peu y boit
oasiscouple

Re: New listing site

Post by oasiscouple »

French Cricket wrote:Don't know if anyone else has had the same email as me but there's a new start up for French rentals, French Stays Direct.
Thanks for the link FC. Will give it a try. Nothing to lose while it is free, except for a bit of time preparing the ad.

We have given up renting out our Gironde house in the summer - too much hassle moving out - but are trying airbnb as B&B for our en suite bedroom separate from the house and we have already had two couples for short stays in the past 3 weeks so Worth a try in FSD's B&B section.

Will also add our Port Leucate apartment. I was amused by putting Leucate into their search by town section, it listed all their properties giving the distance from Leucate even when it was several hundred km away.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

French Cricket wrote:Vivaweek is a decent looking site, Andrew - but I think I'd want some concrete evidence that it works before parting with 139€.
Vivaweek phoned me this morning from Belgium (in French). They now want €199 for the year.
terrerouge

Post by terrerouge »

I had an e-mail from French Stays Direct, offering me a paid advert for either 29 or 79 Euros. Am wondering if any of you had any luck with the site so far??

As for Belgian websites, I tried a year on vacancesweb.be, which did not produce anything!
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

I had an e-mail from French Stays Direct, offering me a paid advert for either 29 or 79 Euros. Am wondering if any of you had any luck with the site so far??
We placed an advert with them during the free period and have not received a single referal. So definately not worth paying money to a company who doesn't do anything apart from getting a website up and running but spends nothing to promote themselves as SO many have done before. In my opinion don't waste your money.