Text from OD re googlemaps

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Gettingthere

Text from OD re googlemaps

Post by Gettingthere »

Warning. Today I received the following text message claiming to be from OwnersDirect. The name "OwnersDirect" is displayed in place of a mobile number - so makes it look all the more authentic.
Hello, we are helping hosts to improve their online visibility and get more bookings by promoting places on Googlemaps. Please click here ownersdirectmap.com/7/promote to start promoting your place for free. It only takes a minute. Thank you for using our services! The HomeAway Family.
Having received similar before, (and always ignored!) I noticed that the links were very different - the first being ownersdirectupdate.co.uk the second being updateownersdirect.co.uk and the above being ownersdirectmap.com

Predictably if you click the link it asks you to log into your google account in a presumed attempt to harvest your gmail details.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Thank for the warning, Newtoit. A very devious trick. :evil:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've had several of those too in the past. Trust nothing and only ever log in via your dashboard to a site, no matter what you get asked to do in an email or text.