Laura Hess

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

Laura Hess

Post by Casscat »

The usual:

We love the place! Internet? Can you please provide a phone number. I would appreciate if you can forward all the info to my work email address: laura @dentalestetics.net

I have reported to spoof@homeaway.com, for what little good that will do. It pees me off that if I attempted to respond to an enquiry by offering up my personal email addy my message would be blocked but any old scammer can sign up with one address and then publish another in the body of their enquiry. Why doesn't the HA system filter this out? All 'she' has done is add a space into the email address but surely a half decent filter would pick up on the presence of an '@' and block the content?
Marks

Post by Marks »

Any (genuine) enquiries through HA/OD where the enquirer has included their email address in the message that I have received shows up as ----@------
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Marks wrote:Any (genuine) enquiries through HA/OD where the enquirer has included their email address in the message that I have received shows up as ----@------
I had just such a one through VRBO yesterday from an' innocent' and of course the ironic thing is that VRBO mercifully still gives me their address anyway. I took time to educate her about Expedia too. It is amazing how many repeating users of the Homeaway family still don't cotton onto the service charge thing until you spell it out for them.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Marks wrote:Any (genuine) enquiries through HA/OD where the enquirer has included their email address in the message that I have received shows up as ----@------
The enquiry was a genuine fake. It was sent via the OD messaging system as it was in my dashboard. Fakey 'Laura' simply added a space into her email addy to get around the filter.