Has anyone used campaya

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
RedRobbo

Has anyone used campaya

Post by RedRobbo »

I've just stumbled across this website campaya, its free to register but you pay per email enquiry received. A bit sceptical as they could send you fake enquiries which you then have to pay for, although it does say if you think an enquiry is spam/fake you can reject it.

Just wondered if anyone uses this website & how many genuine enquiries they receive.

Website looks well built.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Been with them since the beginning and had a one week booking in 2011 !

They were launched as the rest of the world option by Spain Holiday. I updated a few points on there this week and their software doesn't seem to have been updated since it was launched.
sarahk

Campaya

Post by sarahk »

I tried to use Campaya for my Holiday House.
After registering, my listing seems to have a lot of problems and they contacted me...After adding information, bills, availability, pictures and all they asked... I've not been able to publish anything with them yet ( registered 2 years ago). Bad and poorly managed customer service.
Bordering

Post by Bordering »

Not a site I know anything about but here’s my 2p worth.

Their advertising info page http://www.campaya.co.uk/home-owners.cms says the price per lead is 2 euros (asterisk). There isn’t a footnote to explain the asterisk.

Bearing in mind that the market rate for bookings is about 15%, a booking of 300 euros (a realistic median) is going to yield the owner 255 and the channel 45. Potentially providing the same for 2 euros probably is unlikely to provide enough revenue for ongoing customer service, and the take-it-or-leave-it basis of provision isn’t one which would persuade owners to engage.

Its Facebook page was last updated about a year ago, and previous posts have only very-HDR images of aspirational properties in disparate locations.

Whois lookups on campaya at .com and .co.uk show it’s registered to Campaya Aps, a Danish company. No sign there that it’s related so Spain holiday dot com.

(edit was a typo).
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I listed with Campaya maybe three years ago. Nothing forthcoming. I asked them to remove my listing. They didn't. Even now I still get the very occasional enquiry but it never looks like a real prospect. The site does not look bad and has the makings of a good listings page, but it's all a bit half-cocked. Pity.
Vera

Post by Vera »

A look at their press info shows it is co-owned by the owner of Spain Holiday.
https://www.campaya.dk/presse.cms
RedRobbo

Post by RedRobbo »

Strange they have lots of technical issues with the website, they have 4 programmers working for them :roll:
https://www.campaya.co.uk/about-campaya.cms

Thanks all for the feedback, site looks good but looks to be another to be forgotten.