e-domizil (EHR) cancelled my contract without explanation

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
crocodile

e-domizil (EHR) cancelled my contract without explanation

Post by crocodile »

First of all let me introduce myself , I am Spanish , 10 years ago I decided to purchase a house for renting to tourists in Lake Balaton, Hungary , since then I come every summer from Spain to rent the property as I have written only in July and August.

Because of different circumstances tourism is going down here from 4 years ago.

In 2009 I started to advertise my property in the German agency e-domizil, they were not bad, theybpay on time to my bank account when I have bookings and I had not bad relation with them.

But this summer 3 weeks ago I had a booking from them , a German family, just they arrived I can see they don't,t want to stay simply because and I have to recognize is true the area is bored.
They invented non sense excuses to try I refunded the money , of course I refused, then they called the agency and they say the same non sense excuses.

E-domizil called me and they recognized it was clear that they had any reason to cancel the booking and that everything was a non sense.

The problem arrived a few days later, without any explanation at all e-domizil removed my account and my rentals dissapear from the web, however the bookings which were already made have been mantained and payed to be.

I called them and they refuse to give any explanation, just they say that in the meantime they are investigating the claim of these clients they have decided not to make any more bookings with me.

I have not access to my account, it seems they just cancelled it.

Still they gave to me no explanation at all.

I think they don't,t want to recognize they cancel the contract simply because there is not a lógical reason for it.

According to the contract is not possible to make what they are doing.

Because of this I have lost at least 30 % of all my bookings , as this year they have been my main provider of reservations. Reservation here are very difficult to get, situation here is of economical collapse at least in this area of Hungary.

Do you think this a logical way to act ?

Can I make some claim to them if they give no explanation for the unilateral cancelation of the contract ?

Thanks in advance and again I send my greetings to everybody in my first post
Me and my son come every year to rent our property in Hungary.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Some people are simply b***st((ds.

It wasn't quite so bad, but I had to cancel an agreement with an agency recently because they weren't paying me when the guest paid (which was the T&C in the contract). They removed all future bookings.

Some people seem to think a contract is there to be ignored.

Not sure what advice to offer, it depends a bit on your financial situation. Probably not worth spending money on lawyers.

I could give you free listings on ownerholidays.com, but I don;t think it will generate many leads at least for the moment.

Have you looked at interhome? They advertise properties in Hungary. They have around 300 properties.

I just checked Lake Balaton on my ownerholidays.com website - there seem to be about 250 properties listed around that area.
crocodile

Post by crocodile »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:Some people are simply b***st((ds.

It wasn't quite so bad, but I had to cancel an agreement with an agency recently because they weren't paying me when the guest paid (which was the T&C in the contract). They removed all future bookings.

Some people seem to think a contract is there to be ignored.

Not sure what advice to offer, it depends a bit on your financial situation. Probably not worth spending money on lawyers.

I could give you free listings on ownerholidays.com, but I don;t think it will generate many leads at least for the moment.

Have you looked at interhome? They advertise properties in Hungary. They have around 300 properties.

I just checked Lake Balaton on my ownerholidays.com website - there seem to be about 250 properties listed around that area.
Ok. Ownerholidays would be good if possible, thanks. I will contact interhome to see how they work. Many thanks for the answer.
Me and my son come every year to rent our property in Hungary.