BATH MATS - which type to stand up to commercial laundry

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Annieb

Post by Annieb »

Hi. I have just had my first guests at my holiday let this week and am hoping no news is good news as renting through a holiday company. I do not think the bath mats I have bought (at the last minute as I had forgotten about needing these) will stand up too well to being washed in a commercial laundry. What type do you recommend. The ones I used this week are rubber backed as I had to buy them at the last minute. Does anyone have suggestions for a company that sells good quality towelling ones at a reasonable cost. Or are there a different type which are better? The ones I have previously used at home have looked tired very quickly.
I would be grateful for any help on this as I need to order quickly.

Many Thanks
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've got some bobble mats from Next which are standing up well. http://www.next.co.uk/g211140s37#374350
Ikea do similar.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I've had them from NEXT, M & S and Ikea. All fine. I never buy the rubber backed ones though. And I supply a duckboard in each bathroom.

Mouse
x
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

First place to look for most requirements is Out of Eden https://www.outofeden.co.uk/category/bath-mats
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

I'm not sure this company exists in the UK, but we use Cocktail Scandinave ones which are simple towelling ones. As a b&b with a quick turnover, these bath mats are each washed on average 3 times a week and after 3 years, they're still looking good. Also, not being too thick (they do various thinknesses, for practical reasons we chose the least 'luxurious') they dry very quickly.
Annieb

Post by Annieb »

Hi
Thank you so much for all your replies. i have been busy looking at the website links provided above and have decided to order bath mats from next and the house of eden and see which stand up to the laundry best.
I appreciate the point about considering the drying time too as I do not want mouldy or smelly bath mats in the bathroom.
I ordered some linen from linens limited this week after hearing about the company on here and was impressed with their day after delivery. We have not yet laundered the linen so have yet to see how it stands up. Fingers crossed.
Thanks again.