Trip Advisor - Payment Blocked by US Tax Authorities

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
explodingaardvark

Trip Advisor - Payment Blocked by US Tax Authorities

Post by explodingaardvark »

Just had an email telling me that the payment due to me upon clients entering my apartment in Cyprus has been blocked by US Tax Authorities, despite my filling in the appropriate tax detail page on Trip Advisor.

I tried contacting TA but there is no way as they only direct you to various FAQ pages, none of which are relevant to my present problem.

Any advise?
AndrewH

Re: Trip Advisor - Payment Blocked by US Tax Authorities

Post by AndrewH »

explodingaardvark wrote:Just had an email telling me that the payment due to me upon clients entering my apartment in Cyprus has been blocked by US Tax Authorities, despite my filling in the appropriate tax detail page on Trip Advisor.

I tried contacting TA but there is no way as they only direct you to various FAQ pages, none of which are relevant to my present problem.

Any advise?
I suggest you direct your complaint to TripAdvisor via the Better Business Bureau, which operates in America. ( https://www.bbb.org )
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

I seem to remember finding a way to contact them through the 'Terms and conditions' link right at the bottom of your dashboard. Scroll down through the reams of legal jargon and buried in there somewhere was a link to some contact pages.

From one of these I went through the various help topics and discovered that it didn't matter that my question wasn't in there - at the bottom of any answer was a 'need more help?' link which in turn led to an actual form that submitted a help request. A real person did actually respond by email and sort out my issue.

That was the UK site, hopefully yours will be set up in a similar way.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

BTW when I was checking where I'd found the contact form I came across this page which has a 'taxes & fees' section with a subsection on US IRS info which in turn mentions a W8 form for non-US residents. Not sure if this is relevant in your case but here's the link anyway:
https://help.holidaylettings.co.uk/contact_form#conopts
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
AngloDutch

Re: Trip Advisor - Payment Blocked by US Tax Authorities

Post by AngloDutch »

explodingaardvark wrote:Just had an email telling me that the payment due to me upon clients entering my apartment in Cyprus has been blocked by US Tax Authorities, despite my filling in the appropriate tax detail page on Trip Advisor.

Any advise?
The only times that I could get TA customer support to assist was when I contacted them via their Facebook page (via the HL page). They have been always very fast to assist when you leave a message on their page there :wink: