Can anyone recommend an ant-slip tiled floor product

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Annieb

Can anyone recommend an ant-slip tiled floor product

Post by Annieb »

Hi

I have just had our first guest review back which was excellent, but there was one comment about the conservatory glossy ceramic tiles being slippy. Can anyone recommend a product to reduce the slipperiness of the surface of glossy tiles. We have upgraded the whole house bar the conservatory as it is quite old. We had not really wanted to replace the flooring in the conservatory as we are hoping to replace the whole thing in a couple of years but of course do not want anyone to hurt themselves on the tiles. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. We do not know the official slip rating for the tiles as they were installed prior to us recently buying the house.
COYS

Post by COYS »

You could try Lithofin. They make a clear anti slip coating that we used a few years back in a primary school's outdoor toilets. I seem to recall it was applied over polished terracotta quarry tiles after a couple of prep/clean treatments.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Annieb

anti slip

Post by Annieb »

Boys - Thank you for your suggestion. I have ordered some Lithofin and am keeping fingers crossed that it will make a difference.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Is this product any good for outdoor use. Our poolside tiles are very slippy when wet. If we can get a product that would solve this it would save having to take them all up and retile.
COYS

Post by COYS »

The Olive Grove wrote:Is this product any good for outdoor use. Our poolside tiles are very slippy when wet. If we can get a product that would solve this it would save having to take them all up and retile.
Interesting, we had the same problem around the pool & it never crossed my mind. This data sheet suggests it may be suitable for external use but you could always check with the manufacturer.
https://www.pureadhesion.co.uk/lithofin ... t.html[url][/url]
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.