Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Holiday Rental sites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manclass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Holiday Rental sites Reply with quote

Hi..

I have been with Owners Direct for 10 years and Spain- Holiday for 3 years. I get most of my bookings through Owners Direct , my subscription is now due for renewal but I'm not at all happy with their money grabbing service charge to my clients . I am very happy with Spain- Holiday but need to find another holiday rental listing site to use instead of Owners Direct, has anybody got any recommendation's?
Thank you in advance.
Igor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion based on the assumption that Homeaway has a wider marketing reach than all of the good-guy listing sites put together and it will continue to be dominant for some time:

1. Switch to commission basis on OD.
2. Bump up the prices so that you include the commission plus more.
3. Write in your description that the prices quoted on this site will be incorrect... you must contact us for a quote.
4. Give your property a unique name
5. Make sure that a google search on your property name yields YOUR email address and phone number (i.e. have your own website)
6. Join StaySavr (it reaches few people at present but it's growing)

Now sit back and wait for the more intelligent guests to come direct to you so you can take YOUR bookings YOUR way. The less intelligent guests may still book on OD but you're not making a loss because you are charging for the commission. The intelligent guests will see that they are being quoted a much lower price than they would pay if they tried to book through OD.

At the same time, you'll have saved your annual subscription which you can spread out among some good-guy listing sites and still have change for a pint. You'll be active on Facebook too though that's a whole new topic and time-consuming.

Enjoy the challenge of slipping hints to google for your own website into your communications with the less bright travellers, all without using words like "google", "search", "website" etc.
Manclass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igor..
Anymore news about https://staysavr.com/ and how things are progressing with it ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: