Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Adding a blog to PMP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

How to build your own personal website from scratch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FelicityA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underneath each post (when you have made one), you should find facebook, twitter, and pinit icons and also a share button. There are multiple share options.
Cymraes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FelicityA wrote:
Underneath each post (when you have made one), you should find facebook, twitter, and pinit icons and also a share button. There are multiple share options.

Not seeing any of those - can you see them? ( the icons in the post are the ones I put there myself)

http://brynffynnon.promotemyplace.com/blog/post/croeso-y-bryn-ffynnon
Dotty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right under the post I can see twitter, facebook-like and share icons. Then it says "2 people like this. Sign Up to see what your friends like." on the same line.

Then a small gap, then just above the Comments(1) is a line with icons for: facebook-like-0, Tweet, Pinit, +-share-1
Cymraes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dotty - I can't see that line at all in Firefox.

Just tried in IE though and I can see it there then - weird! I'll try in Safari as soon as I can get the cat off my phone!
Codliveroil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FelicityA wrote:

Sorry to revive an old post. But when I edit or try a new post on my PMP blog I cannot see any options to share, not with Firefox, Chrome, or internet Explorer. What's wrong?

Also how do I get my PMP blogs to automatically appear on my Facebook and Twitter pages, any idea? I have looked at my Facebook page and cannot see how to import the blog manually or automatically either. The only way is to go to my published pmp blog and share to each manually.

Maybe I'm cursed because I HATE social media but try my best to patronize it.
Rosie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the published blog post if you scroll down to the bottom you should see share buttons - have a look at mine http://www.eco-gites.eu/blog/post/a-bayeux-war-horse

You will need to scroll below the post and below the Disqus comments to find them but they are there.

As for automatically publishing to Twitter or Facebook I don't think this is possible with PMP but once you find those social media buttons you'll see one that says share and clicking on that gives you an option to post to FB etc.
How to build your own personal website from scratch