Insurance for UK Holiday Cottage/Annexe

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
CerrigCottages

Insurance for UK Holiday Cottage/Annexe

Post by CerrigCottages »

Can anyone please recommend a UK insurance company who cover Holiday Cottages?

In my vast searches I can only find insurance for caravans or 2nd home holiday cover. Some even state they wont cover annexes that are on the same deeds as your home, other state they wont cover anyone staying who you dont persoanlly know!

My property is not a 2nd home, its not somehwere I sometimes stay, it's an annexe, which I run as a holiday rental, in the grounds of my home.

My current insurer insists they understand my situation, but all their paperwrok refers to 'your holiday home' 'your stay at your holiday home' etc. The policy even mentions it wont cover damage or theft by non members of the family!

I would have thought finding insurance for a holiday cottage was simple, but far from it.

Hope someone is in the same situation and can make a persoanl recommendation.

Thanks

Mandy
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Re: Insurance for UK Holiday Cottage/Annexe

Post by J B »

We use these folks
http://kfsinsurance.co.uk/
not a very flashy website but seem to do the job
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

NFU Mutual are very good and we use them,

Jonathan
CerrigCottages

Post by CerrigCottages »

Thanks for your replies. You're right KFS isn't flashy, looks like a broker. Not had any luck with brokers in the past.
I tried NFU a few year sago but they quoted over a thousand pounds more than my current insurer.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

We're not in the same situation as you - not an annexe in the grounds - and it is a broker, but I found i4me

https://www.holiday-home-insurance.co.uk

easy to talk to on the phone. You could give them a call, explain the situation and see if they can find anything suitable as they deal with several insurance partners. We took out an Aviva policy though them.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

We paid about £1,600 last year with NFU to insure our 4 bedroom house and our two 2 bedroom holiday lets. I don't think that's unreasonable. They were very good when we had to make a claim after flooding in 2007.

Jonathan
CerrigCottages

Post by CerrigCottages »

Jonathan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:07 pm We paid about £1,600 last year with NFU to insure our 4 bedroom house and our two 2 bedroom holiday lets. I don't think that's unreasonable. They were very good when we had to make a claim after flooding in 2007.

Jonathan
That is a good price Jonathan, especially after making a claim for flooding.

I tried NFU and their quote just for the house was over £2k, so I didnt persue it any futher to get the price for the cottages.