We have a new website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
kendalcottages

We have a new website

Post by kendalcottages »

We have a new website at https://www.kendalcottages.com

I'd welcome any feedback.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
newtimber

Re: We have a new website

Post by newtimber »

The website looks great but without up-to-date availability showing I wouldn't book. If you link to all these OTAs, you surely must have a calendar you can display on the website? Or even if you link to Airbnb, so guests can see the availability. People don't want to enter all their details on a form only to find that you have no availability.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Agree with the above. Also the fact you mention a dynamic pricing policy would put me off and I would not book because of that. That may be your policy but I wouldn't broadcast the fact.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I was just wondering how you managed to get the Airbnb, Trip and Booking.com ratings on your site. Do they pull in automatically, or when you get a bad review - and let's face it everyone will at some time - are you then having to alter them manually?

There is also a page link that doesn't work - Read more on "the perfect town centre location"
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Thanks for the feedback so far. The decision not to display availability is a personal but deliberate one (for a number of different reasons). I appreciate it might not be for everyone.

I have removed the reference to a dynamic pricing policy.

The ratings are entered manually, and easy to adjust should the need ever arise.

And thanks... I've fixed that broken link. :)
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Your apartment looks lovely. I too would like to see availability before I filled in the form.

The "view testimonials" button on the accommodation page just takes you to the top of that page.