Impots etc

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
MikeP

Impots etc

Post by MikeP »

I am struggling to understand what tax, and how much we should be paying on our rental apartment. Last year we had an income of 5766, abatement 4094 (71%), taxable amount 1672.

Tax at 20% = 334, plus other social charges making a final amount payable of 437. This has been collected by 4 monthly payments of 109 (Sept to Dec).

So, can anyone tell me why I have also paid monthly instalments throughout the whole year (5 x 46 / 7 x 52), totalling 594??

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
oasiscouple

Re: Impots etc

Post by oasiscouple »

20% seems high to me but I don't know the rules when you are non resident. All our income is in France and declared here so the rental income is just added to the rest and at present we are taxed at around 4% on the total income.

Regarding the monthly tax payments, I answered that on your other post. The reason for the change between 46 and 52 is probably when the declared income for the year has changed so the social charges change, but, having said that it seems to me high based on the declared income of 5766. Our monthly social charge is 18 on the declared income of 3570. Could be worth getting the advice of a local accountant.
Honi soit qui peu y boit