Thinking about starting a business

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
calin1967

Thinking about starting a business

Post by calin1967 »

Hi everybody.

I am just building a vacation house in the mountains and, reading this forum (and having in mind the never-ending costs of the building), I started wondering "What if I will try to earn money by renting it?"

I know that in order to offer touristic services you have to be agreed as an opperator and classified by the Minister of Tourism. Is this rental regarded like a tourism service or like a person to person rent? Will It be enough to register every contract to the tax office and declare the income? What if a guest will break a leg or gets hurt in the house? Will I be responsible?

Any help will be much appreciated, even though it will only be valid in your country.

Calin
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Calin,
There will be international accountants with offices in the big cities - they usually have booklets with advice on setting up business abroad & are happy to give these to anybody who telephones for one. You could try the British consulate (or/and the US one) - there will be somebody there who can answer your questions or direct you to the right local office.
Best,
Alexia.