UK TV Channels in France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Emma40

UK TV Channels in France

Post by Emma40 »

I have a couple very interested in booking 17 weeks over the winter months. Clearly, I want to do everything I can to secure the booking. I have a problem though, the TV in the apartment only has mostly french TV Stations with one English channel. The couple are from the UK and are very keen to have access to the UK stations. They have a satellite dish but unfortunately the management company will not allow the dishes on the outside of the building.

I have a feeling this is going to be a deal breaker, is there any other way to get the UK channels? If anybody has any advice, I would be grateful.

Emma
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Emma, do you have a balcony facing in the rigth directions that they could put a dish on? Our apartment management has installed communal satellite, but only French . Our Italian neighbour has put a dish on the balcony that he moves inside when he goes home.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Or internet access? You can access most of the UK channels online.

MG
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Mountain Goat wrote:Or internet access? You can access most of the UK channels online.

MG
can you? how? I think i tried once to look at something on the bbc and the computer told me i was not allowed as the server or something was outside the uk
Nessie
Emma40

Post by Emma40 »

Thanks for the replies, we have a dish on the roof for all the apartments but again there are only French channels, we don't have a balcony so thats not an option either and even if it was I presume it would mean drilling holes for the cable. I don't know about the internet either, they are an older couple and I don't know if they even have a computer.

I am not based in France but the Lady who looks after the apartment showed them around and she said they loved it but the TV was a problem for them. They were supposed to get back over the weekend but did not , so maybe they love 'corrie' more :cry:

Emma
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Nessie, there's a LMH thread here with details of accessing UK TV abroad via the internet.

MG