tour de france 2010

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
marcus

tour de france 2010

Post by marcus »

The route for the tour de france 2010 has been released

People along the route might like to amend their marketing to mention it

http://www.letour.fr/2010/TDF/COURSE/us ... cours.html
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

It never comes our way. But as an event what kind of guest does it attract? We do have the Rallye de Corse but have as yet never had an enquiry. I guess the b&b and hotel owners tend to do better out of these sort of events?
Cheers
PC
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Missing us out for the second year in a row, unusual as we are at the foot of several of the best mountain routes. Has been through the village for four consecutive summers though.
Lots of motorhomes follow the Tour. I've never had a booking because of it, but I've had plenty of amateur cyclists wanting to ride the mountain passes.
julesb

Help

Post by julesb »

Help Marcus

Thanks for the early warning. It is coming to Rodez which is close to us and going South (getting even closer) heading to Revel. Is there any way I can see the exact route between the two to find out just how close to us it comes. Or (as I found out on one site) is it true that detailed routes between stages are only available in June next year?
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Detailed route information is not available until June. They do say:

After the start launched from Rodez, in Aveyron, and a few warm up climbs, the race will move to the Tarn valley and then head for the Lauragais and the Black Mountain. The ultimate challenge will be located in Saint-Ferréol, famous for its lake and… its hill climb. Just six kilometres from the finish in Revel, this climb could prove decisive in the final struggle for stage victory.

and also they say it's 195km

if that gives a bit more of a clue?
julesb

Cheers Marcus

Post by julesb »

Thanks for that - still doesn't help really - as we are about 30km due South of Rodez - I've a feeling they will head off towards the Millau Viaduct - although as it is motorway - probably won't cross it - perhaps they will dip down into the Gorge du tarn. Given that we are only 30 mins from Rodez anyway - and 50 mins from the Viaduct - it is probably fairly safe to say we are 'close to the route'.!! After all what is 30 mins travelling in UK terms!
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.