theholidaylet

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I'm not sure how long I have been with them - certainly over a year - and nothing so far.

Like the rest of you, I really like the site, and particularly the attitude and helpfulness of Craig and Liz, and I like that their stats actually show the last time your page and indeed your website were accessed. What I don't get is why, with thousands of clicks, hundreds of page views and many clicks to my site (twice the number as bother to click on Homelidays) I still don't get the enquiries.

I guess for me it could be the perennial problem of just not being what UK customers are looking for - we rarely get any UK enquiries from anywhere, but when we do they tend to be for for off peak weeks, which at least is positive.

I am sticking with them for now and have encouraged some friends to do the same and I hope they get a breakthrough sometime soon.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Same here - we have been with them for a couple of years and have had only one enquiry in all that time - and no booking.
Riverside

Post by Riverside »

I registered with them a couple of days ago after reading this thread, figured there's no harm in increasing the number of listings i have out there.

I got an email back today saying that my property looks lovely but they feel my photos are misleading and asked me to change the main photograph. I've never had this from any other listing site and to be honest was a little offended, i've always gone out of my way to be honest about the property!

I've emailed back, will wait and see what their response is.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hullo Riverside and welcome. The cottage looks super so don't take the comment to heart. I suspect all they meant was that it wasn't perhaps the best shot to use as the main image. It is a crop from the FB one at the foot of the page and it's very nice to see the cottage in its context ie showing the river and some foliage.

Btw, the video doesn't show on the home page on Safari but does on the accommodation page.

It works on both pages with Firefox. :?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Riverside wrote:I registered with them a couple of days ago after reading this thread, figured there's no harm in increasing the number of listings i have out there.

I got an email back today saying that my property looks lovely but they feel my photos are misleading and asked me to change the main photograph. I've never had this from any other listing site and to be honest was a little offended, i've always gone out of my way to be honest about the property!

I've emailed back, will wait and see what their response is.
Hi River, Constructive critisism (sp sorry) is always good, makes us think. they are very refreshing and supportive, no need to be offended, all done for the best intentions.

Rog
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
Riverside

Post by Riverside »

We came to a compromise in the end, so it's all good. It was just the insinuation that i was intentionally misleading people that i was slightly upset about... i'm always grateful of constructive criticism, this just didn't seem too constructive at the time! :)
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Hi Riverside

I'm going to guess that this was in reference to this "shot":

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 5121953183

My immediate reaction on seeing that is that you have a fabulous location. I really did think this was one picture at first, and then subsequently realised it's two joined together.

If that's what the issue was, I think they're right (sorry, I don't want to offend!) to say it's misleading.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Giddy Goat wrote:It is a crop from the FB one at the foot of the page and it's very nice to see the cottage in its context ie showing the river and some foliage.
Note to self: get eyes tested!

Riverside, I am sure you've got this in mind but if not, I would try to re-take the photo of the cottage when the sky is blue, and have a lovely tub of something beside the door. Maybe the one used in the riverside pic!
Riverside

Post by Riverside »

Giddy Goat wrote:
Giddy Goat wrote:It is a crop from the FB one at the foot of the page and it's very nice to see the cottage in its context ie showing the river and some foliage.
Note to self: get eyes tested!

Riverside, I am sure you've got this in mind but if not, I would try to re-take the photo of the cottage when the sky is blue, and have a lovely tub of something beside the door. Maybe the one used in the riverside pic!
Thanks for the advice, my problem is i haven't owned the Cottage outside of winter yet! I'll be doing just as you suggested as soon as the weather picks up :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Daffs? "Plant" them in the tub if they will stand upright for long enough. Or even invest in some silk stuff pro tem - from a distance the difference won't be noticed and it's these little things that help when it comes to enquiries and bookings.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Just had our first booking with these guys - v pleased :D !
If not now, when?
Janee

Post by Janee »

Thanks for sharing, Lorca :). I just updated my calendar there.... while thinking "what's the point..." - so there may be a point :).
Wonderful news, good for you!!!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Great news Lorca - would love to get some interest from the site.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Just spotted this thread. I've listed with them since quite a long time ago and had one booking worth £450 for New Year 2009/2010. So it's worked out well for me. No recent enquiries though.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
kg1

Post by kg1 »

We have been with them a while - got it off another thread. Nice site, easy to use & their calandar is a dream to update compared to others but sadly no enquiries.