37%
NO
63%

Total votes: 19

apexblue

Who's Has an EPC?

Post by apexblue »

Be interested to know.

Believe they have these in Europe and in Ireland windows have to be measured.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Never heard of it in Germany.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Compulsory in France for houses listed for sale or rental (although I haven't had my gites evaluated yet). As it is European directive, I'd imagine it is, or will be compulsory in Germany.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well how topical, having just relet one of our UK houses [the eviction one] I was asked for one of these for the first time, from the council, as they are paying the rent .
......Apparently we have to supply them on all rental properties.....As our UK ones are long term lets Im not sure if holiday rental houses need them.
Got one done on Monday[from a supplier they suggested, so maybe some backscatching there]
He arrived and measured, and went in the loft and whatever....
Got a bill for £60 and the report arrived yesterday 6 pages long and nicely bound and an utter waste of time [and money ]as far as Im concerned . :roll:
peterft

Post by peterft »

Since EPC's came in you have always had to have one for a normal let where the tenant pays the lighting and heating bills. It's the latest amendment to the guidance to include holiday let's that is contentious. Particularly galling as the bills get paid by the holiday let owner.

As far as the continent is concerned, the recent debate in parliament on the subject quoted the fact that, other than France, no other country in the EC had implemented the legislation relating to holiday lets. Apparently, France withdrew the legislation after one year as they could not get it to work.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We have EPC's for our house and our three gites.

Jim
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

We have them for our houses in Snowdonia, but they were in the HIP when we purchased!
CSE

Post by CSE »

I had a great deal of trouble in finding anything about this covering Spain. I think this little piece say it all.
http://www.ipsom.com/2011/06/nuevas-med ... por-la-ce/
Basically it says that this new legislation passed by the EU on 22June 2011 means the following:

* The energy companies have an obligation to promote energy conservation among its customers.
* The gas and electricity meters will be more sophisticated, allowing consumers to have greater control of their own knowledge consumption.
* Large enterprises are obliged to perform energy audits at its facilities. These companies will not have this requirement but may be given incentives to audit.
* 3% of publicly owned buildings will be renewed each year to achieve higher efficiency ratings.
* Energy efficiency in energy production will be a relevant factor in setting tariffs for access to networks.

Plus a bit more…basically Spain is saying it only affects large establishments, but it is not clear if that includes government buildings. But at least houses and us small fry are not included.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.