Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

SEO question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: SEO question Reply with quote

Does Google take account of the content of a site or just its individual pages?

Put it another way.

I have a site with 10 pages. I mention "pine lodge" once on each page.

Would the Google rank of the home page for a search for "pine lodge" be any higher than that of a 10 page site that (all other things being equal) just mentions "pine lodge" once on the home page?
gam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In "SEO land" I think that would be referred to as the total site keyword density.

As always with SEO, some people say it helps the home page rank others that it doesn't. No-one says it hurts though as long as you're not keyword stuffing, so if that's your prime keyword phrase I'd say put it on each page. I think it might also depend on your site file structure e.g. placed on a sub page of a main page may help the main page. But that's only a guess Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: