Second tv.

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
dizza2560

Second tv.

Post by dizza2560 »

Hello again everyone,
We have just returned from York after dropping off and collecting furniture, white goods etc, decorator coming next week, carpets ordered, so may be able to release dates for easter! instead of the start of May.
I have a question and wondered what your thoughts are.
At present we have one 32" HD 3D tv in the living room.
Our holiday let sleeps 8.
One of our bedrooms is a triple single, so do you all think it would be wise to put another tv in that room?
I have 3 children now aged 24, 22 and 16, and they have never had a tv or computer in their rooms (computer and extra tv have been in the family room, it was hard enough to get them to communicate!!!!!!!!!!) But I am thinking it may be a godsend for family groups?
If we decide to put an additional tv in the bedroom would it be wise to advertise as such, or just put in an out of the way place but let guests know in advance it is there ( I am thinking of the nag factor!)
Any thoughts welcome, and thanks again in advance.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Not sure I would necessarily put it in that room as people may have young children and not wish them to have access in their bedroom for example. It certainly would be more usual to add one into the master bedroom or a second reception room if you have one.
dizza2560

Post by dizza2560 »

Thanks Nemo,
I could put it in the dining room,but am worried about the lack of comfy seating, only dining chairs.
Essar

2nd TV

Post by Essar »

Here in Bournemouth - visitors expect to have a large screen TV in the lounge/family room and a 2nd smaller one in the Master bedroom. If you have more than 1 double then a TV in the 2nd double would also be expected. I agree for singles, twin singles or triples no TV.

Steve
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

I'd definitely put it in the master bedroom - it would be a big selling point I think.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

What about having the TV in another room with a games console? I can't think of any other reason to have more than one TV in a holiday rental, but then I hate TVs in bedrooms (unless it is a hotel room where there is no where else to go).
windrush

Post by windrush »

Could the dining room be made comfier, would it fit a small sofa? Our guests often comment that they like having the two TV's downstairs, saves the odd squabble apparently :)
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

We have a second tv with a DVD player in one of the bedrooms one that invariably has kids or people with less mobility. I don't advertise it because it is a sad old thing! I think holidays are a time to suspend the normal rules. If it means I can get a bit more sleep/ time off I am happy for the kids to have access to the tv and away from me. I would hate to have them playing video games and watching films in my bedroom on holiday. That would not be relaxing!!