H, newbie here

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
booboo

H, newbie here

Post by booboo »

:) Hi, I am new to this forum and holiday lets. We are situated here in lovely region of Haloze Slovenia. My partner is English, I am Irish.
This forum has been a saving grace! Big thankyou to everyone for all that they share, I have learned so much!
This year is our first and I am nervous wreck. We have one booking so far :)
Lots of questions but for now just wanted to say HI :)
CSE

Post by CSE »

Welcome to the forum, the way you have written your posting you may have been hiding under a hat, for awhile. :D
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hi booboo and welcome. Glad you decided to "come out"; there are a lot of lurkers but it's nice to have active contributors. :D
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

Hi boohoo

Nice to see another owner in the FY! Your place looks lovely. We drove through Ptuj a couple of years ago. We liked the area a lot. Good luck with your renting.

Ginny

BTW How do you pronounce Ptuj?
booboo

Post by booboo »

Thanks all, we have a very slow internet connection where we are also it disconnects a lot, it can be a very painful experince!

Hi little villa on a hill, to pronounce Ptuj, the T is barely pronounced, just ever so genty on that T, and the J is pronounce like Y. Saying it fast and coughing in the middle usually works for us :)
We find getting to grips with the lingo over here very hard.
Do you live in Croatia? how do find the language?
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

Hi booboo. I've sent you a pm.
Chalet girl

Post by Chalet girl »

Hi Booboo,

We have a place near Kamnik that we have now been holiday renting for 5 years - it has gone better than we we ever expected. There have been a few minor problems, mostly because we don't live nearby (we do have a lovely housekeeper and handyman who help us a lot) but it has also been hugely rewarding with lots of great feedback from the guests loving Slovenia and it's people.
Good luck with your new venture...I'm sure we'll meet again whether on this forum or Our Slov.
Best Regards
Trish
:)
Cosy Alpine chalet, Kamnik Alps, Slovenia.
www.pureslovenia.com