First Booking but need T&C's

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
funkymonkey

First Booking but need T&C's

Post by funkymonkey »

I would like to say a BIG Thank You to everyone who contributes on this site and for all the useful information I have gleaned from here.

We are new to this and are still trying to work things out, but I've just found out that we've got our first booking! Whoop Whoop we are so excited (and a little unprepared) but everything will be sorted by the time the guests arrive at the end of August.

Would anyone be able to share their T&C's with us as I really don't know where to start on them?

Thank you so much.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Feel free to filtch mine off my site. Someone (LV I think) helped me with theirs, so I'm just passing it along.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ditto mine, also on my site.

And well done! :lol:
funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

Thank you very much. Will have a look at them now and see what I can pinch from them.

The best thing about our booking is that the guest found our website which is only a few weeks old on Google as we're not advertised anywhere else yet! :D
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Congrats on your first booking! :)
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

One of the most important clauses goes something like this:

If there are any concerns that need attending to like the repair of a fuse, attention to the cooker, fridge or other items please contact name, address, phone or name address phone as soon as practical.

This will help us ensure your holiday is a success by mending or correcting any items that need attention as soon as is practical.

The point of this is to avoid the possiblility of someone keeping quiet about a problem or fault and then, when they have returned home, claiming their holiday was wrecked because the cooker did not work properly and they could not make the delicious meals they had planned.

In the UK the general rule is that if guests do not take reasonable steps to minimise any upset or damage to their holidays caused by faults in the accommodation or other concerns, they have no right to claim major compensation at the end because they failed to make it possible for the owners to mend things when they were still there.

Our war and peace conditions are in the link below. They are Agent / Guest conditions but have been developed quite carefully and could contain some useful bits. You should be careful in as far as they apply to the UK.

The rules on deposits and other things vary significantly from country to country. In France there are significant legal differences between down payments / payments on account and deposits (I think this the terminology; anyway, there are two variants). Unless you make it clear, one gives significantly more legal redress to the guest than the other and that one applies by default.

http://www.countryholidaylets.co.uk/ter ... conditions

This recent discussion might also be useful if, only, to alert you to some of the wrinkles:

viewtopic.php?t=17690
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting