First Post - and it's another towel question, sorry!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Llangollen Barns

First Post - and it's another towel question, sorry!

Post by Llangollen Barns »

After many months viewing posts on the forum and gaining loads of invaluable advice from all the members on here (thank you!!), we have now nearly finished our barn conversion into two units and are starting to purchase all the final bits and pieces.
Sorry to ask about towels again, I know this question has been asked many times before before but I am just about to purchase ours and wondered if anyone had tried the eco knit towel range from Hartdean? I've looked at Out of Eden and KOC etc as recommended by LMH members, but I couldn't see anyone mentioning these and they seem to be a good buy.
Thanks!
onestep

Post by onestep »

Hi
I got my white towels from Asda :shock: And they're pretty good. We've not had them long, but so far they've washed beautifully. Not too pricey either.
Good luck with it all.
Llangollen Barns

I'll have a look at those - thanks very much for the advice , I hadn't thought of looking there.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I got mine there too - navy - and they're in their 7th season. :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Morrisons towels are pretty good. Am road testing some at home and they are standing up very well.
Llangollen Barns

Thanks, that's another place I hadn't looked at. I'll go and check those out too. :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

kyreniagirl wrote:Morrisons towels are pretty good. Am road testing some at home and they are standing up very well.
Hey, KG, I hope you're not letting the side down - we don't allow Morrisons in Surrey, doncha know! :wink:

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

nice to see good advice. i buy my supplies of towels locally, at real shops. sometimes disappointing, sometimes really good quality. it seems to me that holland ('the netherlands') does not really fit into LMH-circles, professionally.

we've got the worst summer in decades, plus the crisis that hit hotels here really bad, and though my B&B is lots and lots cheaper than the 2 hotels here locally, i have only ONE booking for september. now.

i really hope for all my LMH-friends everywhere their towels will find customers to use ;)
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Moliere wrote:
kyreniagirl wrote:Morrisons towels are pretty good. Am road testing some at home and they are standing up very well.
Hey, KG, I hope you're not letting the side down - we don't allow Morrisons in Surrey, doncha know! :wink:

Mols
I use the one in Totton just off the M3 on way to house! Cheaper petrol there by about 4p a litre which is useful as I drive a gas guzzler.
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

We've always got ours from Tesco's. Tesco's Finest, when available. Had several spontaneous comments on their quality.
Llangollen Barns

I think I definitely need to check out the supermarkets :D . I looked at Asda's website last night and there are some good offers on at the moment. I like the idea of actually being able to see the product first hand as well, I'm learning that a heavier weight of a towel doesn't necessarily = soft and fluffy and may end up being a nightmare to get dry (especially in sunny North Wales :wink: .
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

I rate Dunelm Mill - we use their egyptian cotton towels and they wash and wear very well.
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

Dunelm Mill hotel quality gets my vote and Asda
I wish I was on the golf course
Wuffy

Post by Wuffy »

Hi folks, King of Cotton are good. reasonable turn round on orders and not too dear.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Wuffy wrote:Hi folks, King of Cotton are good. reasonable turn round on orders and not too dear.
I agree. The last lot I got are fluffy all the time, even thought I never tumble dry them.