Starting out

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Joe H

Post by Joe H »

Hi Barbersdrove - thanks for the advice, we are definitely unsure of how to approach this, and to hear you have been through a similar experience is encouraging.

In theory the garden would lend itself nicely to being zoned off, but getting the OH to agree is something else entirely. Apparently it's something to do with stripes in the lawn :? He's a little fanatical about his stripes...

Nemo - that's food for thought. I'd be keen to allow dogs if we can get the design correct. I looked at the drawings last night, and with a little creativity, we might be able to manage it, as long as it aesthetically works well.

I think a fenced off area for dogs would double as a safety feature for parents with toddlers. That river would be a big danger, so if we could offer an enclosed smaller garden, it could persuade potential guests.

Thanks again!