airbnb

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
GillianF

airbnb

Post by GillianF »

Hello,

Does anybody use the website 'airbnb' for bed and breakfast bookings? Any advice or experiences (good or bad) would be useful. We've been listed for a while but a lot of the 'enquiries' seem a bit 'odd' and we are a little suspicious.

It may be we are off the mark with our advertising or expectations.

Thanks.

Gillian
Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

Yes I am listed on this site and have recently had 2 enquiries but neither have converted yet - hoping the one yesterday will. My listing has been hard to find unless the person decides to search with the map feature rather than the town name which I don't understand but oh well! I have found the site easy to use regarding set-up and just uploaded more photos yesterday. My advice would be to try it.
CSE

Post by CSE »

This thread maybe of interest to you.
viewtopic.php?t=17990
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Thanks for the link - I'll read through carefully.

We are intending to use it for B&B but maybe it will work for self catering as well.

Gillian
Honeysuckle

Re: airbnb

Post by Honeysuckle »

I have my place on there Gillian. Had one couple come from Paris via Oz for a week. All very well done and no problems. We have a cottage its not just for bed and breakfast businesses. My place gets booked up very quickly so I use airbnb just to fill gaps. Not had any more bookings from them just a few enquiries.
Hope this helps. I would keep it on there.

Does anybody use the website 'airbnb' for bed and breakfast bookings? Any advice or experiences (good or bad) would be useful. We've been listed for a while but a lot of the 'enquiries' seem a bit 'odd' and we are a little suspicious.

It may be we are off the mark with our advertising or expectations.

Thanks.

Gillian[/quote]
Lots of hats but only one home!
JM

Post by JM »

Hi, I do use airbnb a fair bit as my new website doesn't get me enough traffic just yet.
Although this is really user friendly website (iPhone app ) is also great, it is important to get a good ranking on it. Lot of individuals have been using the site so many listings are currently being added.