Honesty Bar

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
aasta

Honesty Bar

Post by aasta »

Hello! We have had a thread about honesty bars....
And am now ready to install an extra refriderator in our guest kitchen for that purpose. But I do not know how to run this "Honesty Bar", since I have never encountered one. Please would you share "how to"??!! Thanks
aasta
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We stay at a B&B occasionally which has one for the champagne. You select the wine you want and then tick a sheet (I think they leaft that in your room, to say what you had and hand it to them in the morning. Another way would be to have a money box for the cash.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

have a price list and leave guests to put money in a pot. We don't know any theft in 9 years and guests seem to LOVE being trusted.
aasta

Post by aasta »

Please some suggestions what to stock the honesty bar with. We are thinking beer, wine, sparkling water. But my assistant thinks it should have fixings for gin and tonic etc since most of our guests are English.
aasta
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

We do supply gin, whisky and rum as people do have G&Ts and rum and coke. We do beer, cans of coke, fanta etc and for wine we have two price levels for all colours.

It has never been abused but we do not attempt to make real money on it - we see it very much as a customer service item and we just round up to the next euro for wine or to the next 10c for the rest. For spirits we say €1 a shot but of course they are pretty cheap here.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We don't do fixings but don't supply things which need them. We are abroad after all!