Modric Darvell (modricfranklin@rocketmail.com)

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
GRL

Post by GRL »

He fancies a break in Normandy now:

Dear Sir/Madam, I write to make inquiry, if it is possible to lodge 4 guests in your accommodation facility for the period of 7 days we will be staying in your area. Below are their schedules and co-ordinates for their trip; Check-in-date: 3rd of October, 2015 Check-out-date: 10th of October, 2015 Number of days: 7 days Number of persons: 4 adults Number of meals: No meal Number of pets: No pets Kindly calculate in euro the prices of your 2 DOUBLE ROOMS OR 4 SINGLE ROOMS OR AN APARTMENTS/CHALET that will sleep 4 persons. Thanks, while I expect your prompt reply. Yours Faithfully, Mr. Modric Franklin ADDRESS: 189 Westbourne Grove Notting Hill London W11 2SB EMAIL: modricfranklin@rocketmail.com Replies and responses to be forwarded to modricfranklin@rocketmail.com"
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Oooh, and he's moved to Notting Hill too! Get him to say hello to Hugh Grant for me :mrgreen:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Just email him back and tell him you have put all the requested information in the post, :wink: :wink: :wink:
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

It may come as a big shock but the business and address you have posted online does not actually belong to the scammer. It's a genuine business.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Rosie hasn't posted a business name and all the addresses scammers use are real addresses - just not theirs. Do I assume your comment is addressed to the OP who posted back in May 2014?
GRL

Post by GRL »

I posted it as it is obviously a scam as was noted by Tizfata last year and when I googled the details I was led to this post.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Casscat wrote:Rosie hasn't posted a business name and all the addresses scammers use are real addresses - just not theirs. Do I assume your comment is addressed to the OP who posted back in May 2014?
Yes it does. I hadn't spotted it was such an old tbread.