Possible scam involving Google Maps

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Fennecat

Possible scam involving Google Maps

Post by Fennecat »

I had one of those enquiries through Owners Direct using language like 'we want to resolve this asap' found in many scam enquiries.

I replied to the client Rebbeca Holly that the house was free at the dates in question. She comes back saying they are trying to locate the house using Google Maps: would I please click on the link in her email and say whether our house is the one on the left or right?

When you do find our location on Google Maps, there is only one property. Also, I imagine one should never click on a link sent within an emai.

Anyone like to comment?l
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

The only click you need to press is the delete key !

100% scam.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

If you had clicked on the link it would have taken you to a webpage that looks like your GMail login page and if you entered your GMail login then they would be able to access your account.
As e-R said 100% scam.
Nancyelena

Same Scam by RIANNE MEE

Post by Nancyelena »

Using the Google map to make me tell them if the house was the left or the right, spammers name watchout...
Rianne Mee <riannemee@outlook.com

However never did hear from her again..but also never press the google map link attached.....BEWARE...!