Another spammer!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
SimplySalema AlgarveVilla

Another spammer!

Post by SimplySalema AlgarveVilla »

Hi again

We've also had this one from Owners Direct - note the similar email addresses with the same message...

xxxx Melmans: Email xxxx.melmans@aol.co.uk

The enquiry reads...

Good Morning. This lovely property is perfect for our family reunion that we are planning to have in the first half of May. Please confirm availability and price. Those dates are flexible. Thanks.

Kind regards
Ben
www.simply-salema.co.uk
pujols

Post by pujols »

yes we had that one too.
if I get a genuine enquiry from OD I will be very surprised.
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Odd isn't it that we are paying OD for the privilege of receiving scam enquiries.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

So what's the scam?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well I'd say it's remarkably similar to the recent post concerning Glenn Beams......

"Greetings. We are interested in this property for the first half of December. We are planning to have a family reunion. Please confirm availability and price. Those dates are flexible but we prefer nearby the selected period. Thanks."

Glenn or Ben or whatever he calls himself today seems to have a lot of family reunions and always in the first half of the month! :roll:
greenbarn

Re: Another spammer!

Post by greenbarn »

The parts that scream SCAM are:
This lovely property is perfect for our family reunion that we are planning to have in ..........

and
Those dates are flexible.
I'd be very interested in the explanation of any thinking that would be a convincing argument that this isn't a scam.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I'm actually married to a scammer because she has an English name but writes very poor English as it's her 3rd language. Last year I had some scammers staying at my rental. They were visiting relatives in the region and wanted a house to have a get together.

These enquiries are simply suspect, not confirmed scams.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Yes I had something very similar. I replied in a friendly way, there was a very long gap before they responded and then I got the all too familiar 'Great news! We've decided to book!' email with accompanying 'please click on me if you are a complete idiot' attachment. Kev I think we all tentatively reply to enquiries even when our instincts tell us the sender is doubtful. I would say that 99 times out of 100 those instincts are on the money and certainly we only post here for advice on possible dodginess or confirmation of actual spammy-scamminess. No one is saying that all authors with less than perfect written English are by definition scammers - you know that.