Suspect Text

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Casscat wrote:I just checked my mobile account and the texts I sent are zero cost.
Have they replied to the texts? If not, they may be hoping you'll then ring the number, which is at a premium rate. Just another theory. :?:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

But the original text message asks for the recipient to email :?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just got this today with the same email address as falbayview. he is a very busy boy working his way through what must be a long list of holiday home owners.

Someone checked the number and said this on whocallsme.
Just tried this service "e-freesms" and this was the number SMS sent from
So he's using a free SMS service, but not sure that adds anything to this particular scam.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've just realised I've fallen foul of this scam, whatever the scam is. I thought it was from someone who I had been messaging on EBay. I have to ask them to send me their email addy to my mobile so I can send them booking details, etc as eBay won't allow me to add my web or email addy on listings.

13 Jan:

'I want to book your holiday home. Please contact me by email: r.j****01@aol.com'

I replied but have to had anything back.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Sam V wrote:I've just realised I've fallen foul of this scam, whatever the scam is. I thought it was from someone who I had been messaging on EBay. I have to ask them to send me their email addy to my mobile so I can send them booking details, etc as eBay won't allow me to add my web or email addy on listings.

13 Jan:

'I want to book your holiday home. Please contact me by email: r.j****01@aol.com'

I replied but have to had anything back.
The spammer's email addy has already been posted in full as it's clearly dodgy.
falbayview wrote:got it at 17:15 on 8th from 07624 803040 too, saying to email r.james01@aol.com. needless to say i ignored it.
Did you reply by text or did you email them?
cartnpa

Post by cartnpa »

I got the same one again today!
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Just to add me to the list of people receiving this text from r.james01@aol.com.

Am adding full email address as its all over the web if you google it, well known time-waster me thinks.
mi casa

Post by mi casa »

I received this text on my phone Jan 9th., as I have already posted. OH received it today on his phone. Both numbers are on our OD listing. James is a very busy boy.
Would love to retire but can't so will have to keep doing the lottery!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I just wish there was a way of making anonymous reverse charge calls to his mobile :twisted:
susanm

Post by susanm »

I got it too today - but not sure how the scam works? They already have our mobile number and for me, my business email address is out there on all my marketing (if I was to email back as requested).....
susanm

Post by susanm »

Found this as a possible reason for the request to email:

'These scammers want to communicate with you over email so they can open up their word document and Google translator to copy and paste their pre-prepared scripts'

??
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I am not sure what they get out of it either, maybe they are just lonely and want someone to communicate with.
Maybe we should sorry for them :D
chrisywilly

Post by chrisywilly »

Me too - earlier today. They must have bionic fingers for all these texts!
Bree

Post by Bree »

Just got this same text this morning so I am very glad I saw it here first.. Thank you
stork

Post by stork »

I got one today along the same lines:

"Hi, I want to rent your property 2 weeks in May 2015! Plese email me at elyudreagirl@gmail.com if you have the property available."

The sender is 4301. Smells slightly of scam, spelling, exclamation mark, looses dates, "the property" (we have 7 cottages). Any one of them could pass, but I decided to check here first.

Not that I get what the scam is. My mobile number is listed on our site and various listing sites, and I only have the same.