The usual Scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

The usual Scam

Post by annafern »

Just had the usual extra fund scam but interesting this time there was a phone number which to be honest nearly threw me and for a few moments I thought it might be genuine!!

So I called it, blocking my number. Rather than say who I was, I asked him for his name and guess what he couldn't and wouldn't answer me.

Anyway his details are.

Clark Anderson
clarkanderson3@xxxxxxxx

Phone number +447031905944

interested in rent your accommodation for 1 week and i will like start from, Arrival Date: 21 March 2015
Departure Date: 28 March 2015
Adults : 2

We are very flexible with dates and you can tell us the dates that are available.

Send us the total cost of 7 nights and we can go ahead with the booking.
Thanks for your cooperation and we looking forward to your response.
Clark anderson
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Quelle surprise :mrgreen: No problem with naming and shaming here methinks.
newtimber

Re: The usual Scam

Post by newtimber »

annafern wrote:Just had the usual extra fund scam but interesting this time there was a phone number which to be honest nearly threw me and for a few moments I thought it might be genuine!!

So I called it, blocking my number. Rather than say who I was, I asked him for his name and guess what he couldn't and wouldn't answer me.
I'm sure he's not genuine - but I wouldn't give an anonymous caller my name. If someone phones me, I'd expect them to know who they want to talk to - otherwise I put the phone down.