David Moore brucelawfirm.attorney@.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Cas & Irene

David Moore brucelawfirm.attorney@.

Post by Cas & Irene »

Do we get ¨graduated ¨ scammer now?

David Moore brucelawfirm.attorney@gmail.com

Kindly let me know if there are availability for 4 rooms. Arrival date
14th March 2015 and Departure date (check out) 26th March 2015.

In addition, kindly let me have the total bill for effective planning.Thanks
Waiting to read from you soon.

Thanks,
Dave
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
Cas & Irene

Mathias Norup Denmark. Phishing SCAM enquiry from HA

Post by Cas & Irene »

This scammer did´t very slowly, fist some ¨normal¨ emails but with the last one he showed his real (stupid) face.

----------------------------------------------
mathiasnorup2@gmail.com

Hello St. Katharine B&B Boat Barcelona,

Thank you. We would like to go ahead with the booking of your property for these dates (which are flexible depending on fligts) but please let me know where exactly is it located. Is it within walking distance to amenities or do we need a rental car. We ve been checking the map on the website, could you please confirm that the following link on Google Maps shows the correct location of your house? Is it the one on the left or the one on the right side of the image?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you please advise us on how to proceed?

Best regards,

Mathias Norup
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
AndrewH

Re: Mathias Norup Denmark. Phishing SCAM enquiry from HA

Post by AndrewH »

Cas & Irene wrote: "This scammer did it very slowly, first some ¨normal¨ emails but with the last one he showed his real (stupid) face."

I have to say I am getting intrigued by the different ruses these scamming criminals think up in order to persuade you to click on their dubious links, yet let themselves down so completely by their lack of research on their proposed victims. They send out a load of emails with the same wording for each one, but fall at the first fence when they mention "your apartment", when in fact your rental property is a house, or "your house" when you are letting out a boat.

I don't believe we have ever received a scam enquiry through a listing site, but we do get them from time to time from 'past guests' whose email addresses and contact lists have been hijacked. The most recent one was to click on the link if I wanted to find out about this guest's "romantic secrets" or some such wording. Well, quite frankly I most certainly do not, so that one fell on stony ground!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

AndrewH wrote: The most recent one was to click on the link if I wanted to find out about this guest's "romantic secrets" or some such wording. Well, quite frankly I most certainly do not, so that one fell on stony ground!
I bet that one has evolved through the publicity of 50 Shades of Grey! :lol: :lol:
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Bunny wrote:
AndrewH wrote: The most recent one was to click on the link if I wanted to find out about this guest's "romantic secrets" or some such wording. Well, quite frankly I most certainly do not, so that one fell on stony ground!
I bet that one has evolved through the publicity of 50 Shades of Grey! :lol: :lol:
Yes, last summer I found a copy of that book in our rental villa, which departing guests had 'kindly' left behind. I had to bin it; I didn't want the new arrivals getting funny ideas!