Scam Enquiry - Dianna Wood

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
maryrond

Scam Enquiry - Dianna Wood

Post by maryrond »

Just been led up the garden path with this one. Dianna Wood - wetillery@gmail.com. Wanted 10 days holiday at first I thought it was real and said I could not take any "out of Saturdays" bookings until mid September. Anyway she responded and said that was ok. I sent her our booking form to complete - she sent me her document which apparently had all their information that I require in it!! - I had a small suspicion something was not write and I did a search and others had been suspicious before me.
I told her I will not open her document as undoubtedly it had a virus or some stupid link in it and thanks for wasting my time!! Just a warning to others:)
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I had a couple of very dodgy enquiries (all the usual signs) from "Diana Wood" last year - different sus emails and the first lead to the 'we've decided to book - open the dodgy attachment' scam.

Just had it come in again today from "Diana Wood" another new email addy as a continuation to one of those converstaions, ie not directly from the listing site, so reusing emails they harvested earlier
Hello again,

I wanted to rent your house last year, but in the end we have gone through some problems and we had to cancel the holliday.
I was wondering if this year in September it will be available .We are flexible on dates,anytime in September.

Regards
Dianna Wood
....as if!!! I won't be replying. :D :D

Beware ....now the scams go on from one year to the next for the unsuspecting.
declanja

Post by declanja »

Dianna was in contact with me last year and again two weeks ago. I had posted it on LMH here;
viewtopic.php?t=21628
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh...I just had this one too. I thought it odd as again no telephone no. or dates, or an actual 2nd name.
As always I replied 'just in case' but saying we were fully booked for September.

I await the 'click the link' reply.

thanks.
Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
declanja

Post by declanja »

Our friend Dianna emailed me again today. Finally blocked her email address. Declan
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Wouldn't it be great to find a way to scam the scammer!?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

There's some absolutely brilliant stuff on the web about people turning the tables on scammers, but little or none of it relating to holiday home scammers. There must be an angle there somewhere :P