Not sure about this one

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mouse

Not sure about this one

Post by Mouse »

Has anyone had an enquiry from a fellow owner on OD quoting their ref. no?

I had what looked like a very reasonable enquiry apart from the fact there were no dates and no telephone number. It was from someone who said they knew how things worked as they were owners themselves and provided a reference no. for a property in Cyprus on OD. I checked the details and the name of the person enquiring was mentioned in the reviews, but they didn't handle the enquiries (different name, which seemed odd)
As they didn't provide dates I replied asking for them.

I haven't had a reply and that was days ago. It sounded as if it was for the only period we have available (they mentioned the possibility of a Friday to Friday booking which the remaining period can handle), so if it is genuine I would like to encourage the booking.
I am wondering now if it is worthwhile going down the route of trying to get in touch via the OD enquiry route explaining I had no phone no. and the email may not have been received.

What do you think?

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I guess, if the enquiry is a scam, then contacting them via their property will confirm either way. I'm sure they would be interested to know if someone scamming is using their property as a cover.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Mouse, I'm sending you a PM.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

This is ringing bells, I'm sure I've had a similar enquiry in the past from someone saying they were a villa owner.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Well I did contact her via the OD enquiry system...so will find out one way or another when she gets it and replies (hopefully!)

thanks all!

Mousie
x
revdev

Post by revdev »

In my experience, no telephone number and no dates normally spells scam.
Owner-to-owner, I think a telephone number would be a basic and necessary detail.
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes those were my thoughts exactly. Plus you would expect an owner to complete all details.
So far haven't received a reply to my enquiry via their property page on OD! Will let you know when I do.

Mouse
x
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Maybe they think you're a scammer Mouse and have marked your message as spam! :mrgreen:
Isy

Post by Isy »

revdev wrote:In my experience, no telephone number and no dates normally spells scam.
Owner-to-owner, I think a telephone number would be a basic and necessary detail.
I agree with Revdev. I had some many scams from OD with no phone numbers and dates that is now my first alarm bell. Plus, if your enquirer is an owner, he/she should know better and supply more details.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

You may be right Casscat. I still haven't received a reply to eithr my email to their enquiry or my enquiry via their OD advert. Go figure!

Mousie
x