Spammers - is property left or right of this map ref

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
maryrond

Spammers - is property left or right of this map ref

Post by maryrond »

Now had three exactly the same enquiries - same date of 20/6/15 to 27/6/15 from my HomeAway advert. Same misspelling of fligts....
Always a email address "name.name@gmail.com"

"Thank you. We would like to go ahead with the booking of your property for these dates (which are flexible depending on fligts) but please let me know where exactly is it located. Is it within walking distance to amenities or do we need a rental car. We ve been checking the map on the website, could you please confirm that the following link on Google Maps shows the correct location of your house? Is it the one on the left or the one on the right side of the image?

https://maps.google.es/pLM3T

Would you please advise us on how to proceed?

Best regards,"

I am getting sick of these - I have had no real enquiries just these bloody time wasters! Beware everyone
GRL

Post by GRL »

Is the link to the map a genuine one and how does this scam pan out if you reply?
maryrond

Post by maryrond »

It did take me to "Pollenca" spain which is no where near where the villa is - but it took a while to get there - as though something else happened before it got me to the google map. I have no idea what. Is there anyone who can read the contents of the link?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

If it's a dodgy link maryrond then you shouldn't paste it in full, you need to disable it so that no-one gets caught by it if it's dodgy. You can edit your post and put a space or two in to disable it.
louloup

Post by louloup »

If you have clicked on the link you should run a virus check and change your passwords as soon as possible.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I've had several of these too. :evil:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

A complete scam and a rubbish one too, trying to get one to click on the link. The scammer asked the same "which house" question about Cas & Irenes' boat. (viewtopic.php?t=23427&highlight=)
Bree

Post by Bree »

I just want to say Many Thanks to all for posting about this scam. I had the same wording & map and I am grateful to have read about it here first so thanks to all...
Ele

Post by Ele »

I've now had three of these too, all for different dates and from two different listing sites (OwnersDirect via HomeAway & SpainHoliday.com). The last one came after an initial genuine looking enquiry addressed to us by name, with slightly better English than usual and which I'd replied to and even chased up as it was a perfect fit in a July gap……. :roll:
Reported as phishing to spoof@homeaway.com