So many unpaid invoices!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
joddle

So many unpaid invoices!

Post by joddle »

Seems I must have been a naughty boy as I am getting loads of emails advising me of "unpaid invoices" - AGGGGGG - they seem to be coming in almost daily at the moment - must see if I have enough in the bank to pay them all :)
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I think I've had a few of those too.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Same here
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes, Forte Energy was today's offering.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Me too! Sometimes I can get up to 4 a day. Can't see how they can be successful when it's so patently obvious it's a scam.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

and do we all advertise on OD?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I have had as many as 10 in one day, all saying exactly the same thing but from different senders. Fortunately I don't have to look at the daily offerings as they all go to the spam box.
joddle

Post by joddle »

apexblue wrote:and do we all advertise on OD?
No I don't ....
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh...how do you get them to go straight to spam? I get them from different email addys do can't block them :cry:

Mousie (probably missing a trick)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Mouse, I use Gmail and never get a spam email anywhere except the spam folder - I haven't had to do anything or set anything up - Gmail's filters are particularly good, I think. I just check through the (huge!) spam folder every other day or so for any 'mis-filing'.

Gmail is my email client (is that the right word? No idea, but it sounds good :lol: ) and although I do have a Gmail address I only ever use it to log into my Google account. I have Gmail set up to collect my email from the appropriate servers, and to send mail as my various addresses.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am on gmail too. I haven't had to do anything. Of course sometimes they send the emails I DO want to spam too (offers on Boden, for example) so I check every so often and see those miserable people just dying there, panting for attention, and take great pleasure in ignoring them.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My web guy told me to use gmail, as it has really good spam filters, I just haven't got round to it. Well it means changing and setting new things up and it's never top of my list.... :oops:

I do use OD and get loads more spam now than before I listed with them.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I was getting a dozen plus of these a day at work - corporate email so definitely no association with OD! At home I haven't had a single one, and I have spam magnet accounts with Yahoo and Hotmail as well as the spam-robust Gmail.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Gmail is ok to use as your main client if you only use POP3 access to your accounts. If you use IMAP, so that you see the same email changes on multiple devices, then Gmail becomes very complex. I used Gmail for a few years as this was the only email site I could access from work :)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

The easiest way to use Gmail - at least I think it's the easiest - is to set up email forwarding on all your domain emails. No farting about with either POP or IMAP.