Kristy Wilkerson - The Return

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

Kristy Wilkerson - The Return

Post by Casscat »

I posted about Kristy Wilkerson - kristy.wilkerson2008@outlook.com - previously. Because I wanted to see what tactic (s)he would adopt I did reply advising her that my calendar was fully up to date so unless she was speaking of June/July 2016 she was out of luck. What has just arrived is a sick variation on a well worn theme:

"Hello,
I decided to bring my brother in this vacation who has a handicap, he is 39 years old and he never had a proper vacation so I am asking you if I can bring some small equipment for him, to make his vacation easier so he never forgets this week we will spend together.
The equipment we need to bring it's quite large so please take a look at the picture and if needed I can pay an extra fee for this because your property is absolutely perfect for us. We don't really care about the dates as long as you can give us a full week in June or July.
Here's our vacation plan and an image with the equipment we need to bring with us, and please remember that this equipment is a must for him."

Hyperlink labelled 'view image' then follows. Clearly I am not going to open it.

Handicapped brother? Special vacation he never forgets? What a rotten person this not-called-Kristy-Wilkerson-at-all is
:evil:
Last edited by Casscat on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Handicapped brother? Special vacation he never forgets? What a rotten person this not-called-Kristy-Wilkerson-at-all is

Indeed!
Ele

Post by Ele »

Seems I am on the same spammers list as you Casscat…..got the same 'enquiries' from both Kristy Wilkerson and Kara Mendez. I too sent my own enquiring reply to Kristy, and today received word for word the same response as you about the handicapped brother with a link to click in the email……

Slightly different email address, I've reported both to spoof@homeaway.com….

kristy.wilkerson2001@outlook.com
kara_mendez20010@outlook.com

GGGrrrrrr :x :x
Sophie Annabelle

Abbie McComb

Post by Sophie Annabelle »

I had this same email when I replied to an enquiry. She is calling herself Abbie McComb this time and enclosing a link to a photo of the equipment her handicapped brother wants to bring. Needless to say, I didn't click on it, after making that mistake last year! I'm so suspicious of everyone now.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!