OwnersDirect scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Phoebe

OwnersDirect scam

Post by Phoebe »

The following purported to come from ownersdirect, but actually came from @help-owner.co.uk and was to my spam e-mail address that OD do not have.

"Owners Direct
Dear Owner
Thank you for advertising with OwnersDirect.co.uk.

We want to inform you that our website will change in 10 days with a new design. To update our new website and to receive further enquiries please contact us with the following details:
If you own the Property :

1. A copy of your photo ID (both sides of your driver's license or passport)

2. A copy of a deed of sale and title deed

If you manage or represent this property on behalf of the owner, we ask that you please provide us with the following information:

* Full company name

* Registration # or VAT ID or if a sole trader a faxed copy of identification of a named key contact

* List of the key contacts within the organisation

* A signed letter from the key contact outlining they have the right to market the properties on behalf of the owner.

* A copy of the lease agreement you have signed with the owner(s).

Thank you once again for advertising with OwnersDirect.co.uk.
Best wishes,
the Owners Direct team
OwnersDirect.co.uk Customer Support team"

I'm not sure if this will be followed by a phishing attachment or whether they'll try to use the documentation to market the property directly?

Any other views?
Looking for an easy life
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'd forward it to OD as that is concerning, riding as it does on the back of their planned website changes.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Nemo wrote:I'd forward it to OD as that is concerning, riding as it does on the back of their planned website changes.
agree with Nemo.
Phoebe

OwnersDirect scam

Post by Phoebe »

I have forwarded it to spoof@homeaway.com. I'll let you know of any developments
Looking for an easy life