Text Scam - Elyudreagirl

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

Text Scam - Elyudreagirl

Post by Casscat »

Just received this text with the sender heading InquiryINFO. Absolutely no clue as to which of my sites she or he has harvested my number from:

"I want to book the property one week in September? If you have availability email me at elyudreagirl@*****"

There is a phone number which I will cheerfully post if others are receiving the same spam.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I've just found this earlier thread where Elyudreagirl featured somewhat heavily so here we go. Her full email as given on this latest pathetic attempt is elyudreagirl@gmail.com but the phone number now seems to have disappeared. viewtopic.php?t=23143&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
Lote4Marina

Post by Lote4Marina »

Just received that precise text from Elyudreagirl for our property (in Portugal though it didn't specify location. Thought it was suspicious and glad I check it out. Thanks for all the assistance
A problem well stated is a problem half solved
Ele

Post by Ele »

Exact same text received here too. No number showing, it also came up in my texts showing the sender as InquiryINFO. There seems to be no number at all (just intrigued about how that works, no intention of replying!!). I've blocked the 'caller' on my phone, these time-wasters make me so weary……
Lote4Marina

Post by Lote4Marina »

I am also intrigued as well. My text is exactly the same with an email address to which to respond but no intention of doing so either.
A problem well stated is a problem half solved
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've got one the same too!

What is the point of these texts?, they are harvesting a lot of mobile numbers to what end?!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com