Owners Direct scams enquiries

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

Owners Direct scams enquiries

Post by annafern »

Is it me or are many people getting rather a lot of suspicious looking enquires via Owners Direct.

I think the latest are just to get your email and then they send you silly links to Google maps and dodgy files to open.

Just had 2 this morning and don't know whether to respond or not!!

Idaspex25@chamer-restaurant.com the domain does't exist

ElizabethSloyan@outlook.com had a few from outlook.com but looks genuine enough.

My cottage is in the Cotswolds so would it help to know if its genuine, if someone else has had this enquiry from this email who is in different part of the country or different country all together.

Thanks
Anna
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
annafern

Post by annafern »

Just phoned OD (HA) and they have told me to email them the suspicious enquires as and when they come in.

I would advice anyone to do the same.

spoof@homeaway.com

Also had direct email from another owner in France saying he has had the same enquirer from the above email.

Confirming that theses were two scams. Although its unclear as to what their game is as i have heard nothing back from the two enquirers.

Thanks
Anna
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

The latest ones I've had wait a couple of days then send an email with a supposed link to google maps asking if this is the correct cottage location.