Got this today

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Little Villa

Got this today

Post by Little Villa »

Gmail flagged this email up as possibly not from the Gmail address that it appeared to come from.

Title 'Possible booking 25th Sept

Hi ,

I am having trouble logging in to the owners direct site. Can I ask before we go ahead and book, would you be able to provide a cot for a 2 year old? We have 4 adults and 3 children as you can see and we would need somewhere for the 2 year old to sleep, but a cot would solve the problem.
Would you please advise us on how to proceed?

Looking forward to your reply.
Best Wishes'

- It isn't necessary for enquirers to log on to OD and it came straight to our email address, which is not shown on OD of course (although it is shown on one other minor listing we have.)
- The "as you can see" doesn't make any sense as there was no other info (and no attachment to avoid clicking on!)
- We have only 1 bedroom and are adults only.

I don't know what the scam would be though. They've already got my email address....
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

They've either genuinely confused your place with a bigger one or it's a scam. Could be the kind where they send an attachment after you reply. Send an email saying you're sorry that you can't take children and if they send any attachments back don't open them!
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
dublin13

Post by dublin13 »

Its a scam we got the same one from alicia.rowley55@gmail.com