payment reminder

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pachypach

payment reminder

Post by pachypach »

Not had this happen before....
A guest's balance was due 9 days ago. They contacted me (after I sent them a polite reminder) to say they would transfer the money to my account on the monday after the weekend.
I then had an email on the monday saying they could only transfer £300 a day, so it would take them 3 days for the balance.
I have had two payments mon/tues, but then no more. It is now a week later.
I need to work a polite email to ask them to pay the rest!
any ideas?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

If it were me, I'd start by asking them if they "have had any problems". i.e. assume its not deliberate. But then if there is no adequate answer, just set a (short) deadline and tell them that you will be opening the dates for other bookings at that time, and first to pay the full amount gets the dates.

Question: Where is your property and where are the guests from ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
pachypach

Post by pachypach »

Thanks
they are from the Uk property is in Brittany, although payment is done UK to UK bank transfer
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It sounds like they might be using a cashpoint to transfer the money in some way, as that appears to be a cashpoint limit rather than any limit a bank would apply to a transfer. Bank to bank transfers, even online, can be for several thousand, assuming the money is available.

I'd send an email just politely reminding them that they are in default by X pounds of the balance and therefore of your terms and conditions. If the money isn't forthcoming, you will have no choice but to treat it as a cancelled booking.

It's possible someone just simply forgot to do the final transfer. I wouldn't remember to do the same thing three days in a row without setting reminders and all sorts!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

With their deposit and two thirds of the balance they've settled the vast majority so I'd give them a bit of latitude. Sounds like a cash flow issue to me, but they've been good for most of it so far and I reckon they will be good for the balance. Just try a tactful message asking if they are encountering issues and if there is an alternative means you can offer (i.e. PayPal if you have PayPal as this can allow them to settle the balance by credit card).
pachypach

Post by pachypach »

all good now, I sent them a quick reminder, and they've now paid!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Result! :D