Desmond Carway

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
teba18

Desmond Carway

Post by teba18 »

Received in response to my e-mail in response to original enquiry via OD:
"Thanks for the updated information.We are okay with the accommodation and cost .I'll make an arrangement with our Accountant to make and mail a Bank Check for the full amount through Regular Mail so we can be assured of our reservation.I don't have access to a bank transfer nor pay pal account.I can only instruct my Accountant to issue the Bank check in UK pounds for easy cashing at your bank so i hope you can understand.So provide me with the information she need below:
She will need the above information...
YOUR FULL NAME
BILLING ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP CODE
PHONE NUMBER /CELL PHONE"
Followed by his supposed address in Ukraine - which doesn't seem to exist!
I've no intention of replying to this, but should I be worried after replying to his first e-mail?
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Actually I think he's probably related to Alexander Edvoshenko!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I've received two emails with identical wording from yet another two names.

And teba18, there is no damage done by replying to his first email - other than your email address is now in the hands of another lowlife scumbag and he may well sell it on with a few thousand others. Just ensure you have a good spam filter and there's nothing to worry about.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Give him the address of your local police station and let him send it there. Not that they would do anything.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Pants! I was just checking up on this guy too, exact same email reply following an enquiry from HA. Smelled a rat with this response
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

There are no circumstances under which a private rental booked by individuals would need an accountant to issue a cheque. Every individual worth renting to has a personal bank account at the very least, and that is how they should pay - or via the secure booking of the rental site via credit or debit card. Stories of 'accountants', bank drafts etc. usually seem to come as part of overpayment scams.