No contract

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
casacampello

No contract

Post by casacampello »

Hello again lmhatters!

I have the following issue. I had an enquiry from a guy from Sweden, all seemed ok, he paid the andvance payment, he also paid the full amount afterwards; all fine, but he never returned the contract. I sent him a mail for the 3th time now to ask (urgently) to send this, but no reaction until now. What should I do?

He has't got the coordinates from the keyholder, so he's really "nowhere" - has no clue, nor a key. I have no telephone nr, nor his address (should be on the contract...).

Anyone got similar experiences?

G
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

He could be trying to be an ideal guest - one that pays and doesn't arrive! :lol: :lol:

Seriously...
Has he come direct to your own site or through a listing agency? If the latter, do they have contact details for him and/or can they help get in touch with him?

How soon before he is due to stay?

Does he have the contact details of the keyholder on the booking contract? If so, he may be thinking he can just contact the keyholder "I've arrived, let me in" :roll:

Alternatively, have you mentioned to him that without the completed booking contract, he gets no access to the property and his holiday is therefore at risk - deemed cancelled by him and any refund subject to your T&Cs.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

AS PW stated, hopefully your Ts and Cs state that there is no booking without a completed booking form, so you can send an email stating this, just to shake him up and get the details you need. Not everywhere requires a completed booking form nowadays, but if your terms say you do, then stick to them. I now have a simple online booking form; I send a link when the payment request is made and normally don't have a problem now.
casacampello

Post by casacampello »

The problem "solved" itself - he sent the contract eventually. 8)