Waldemar Kulinski

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
POMPEY

Waldemar Kulinski

Post by POMPEY »

Just received this enquiry for dates not available, has scam all over in my opinion, what do you think.

welcome. We are on the stage of search of inexpensive suite of rooms that we would recommend our workers and also to the clients of our salons with marriage dresses that we have in Poland in Opolu and Raciborzu and clients have to winning a weekly stay in Spain My question or you are interested by stringing of collaboration, I will add that we plan departure to Spain with an aim choice of suite of rooms on 26.08.2015. I plead for turning information
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I would say it's a very strange enquiry and probably machine translated. I understand very little of what they are actually trying to say.

A scam on the other hand, is when someone tries to trick you financially. Whether this weird enquiry would develop into a scam, you'll not know unless you answered. As the dates are not available, I wouldn't be too worried.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Agree, and even if it isn't a scam, it looks like it would be hard work trying to decipher what the enquirer is looking for.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I read it that he runs a wedding dress shop/salon - or rather, several - and proposes to offer to his staff and clients a prize of a week's stay in a suite of (inexpensive) rooms, and wonders whether you would be interested in collaborating with him. He is planning to come to Spain to check out potential rooms.

This might be genuine - or an "interested" response might generate the actual scam of a bogus link to his web site or a dodgy attachment or the offer of overpayment - by a dodgy cheque of course.

Whether you reply or not in the first instance is entirely up to you. :D
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
POMPEY

Post by POMPEY »

I have sent a reply with available dates and will play my cards close to my chest.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I wouldn't enter into this personally. Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen, non payment, misunderstandings, random guests causing havoc, etc.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I don't know which site this originated from, but if it was via an international site you gain access to by virtue of an English language listing on, say, HA UK then a non-English speaker who liked the look of your property would probably resort to the likes of Google Translate to make their enquiry - with bizarre results!